I LIKE YOUR TOYS!! I would buy them because they are so unique and funny at the same time. I think better name to your guys toys will really make them better. But other than that, there COOL!
Cool take on the whole animal-human things. Overall neat designs and unique designer toys. Come up with some more animal-human designs and post them up!!
As far as concepts go, this definitely lands on the trippy side. The fact that my initial reaction to it is a big "whoah...what is going on here...??" is actually a promising first impression. I could see these developing quite a following!
Each of your hybrid models look like they would be very fun to build! Visually, they complement each other well, and all of them have a quirky charm that seems to demand attention, particularly Squid Man and, of course, Flabbit.
3D-wise, as Joanna said, it's a good idea to keep balance in mind. Particularly since some of the designs appear to be a bit top heavy. As long as you keep that in mind, the modeling portion should go fine.
One thing of interest to me is that each of your characters are in different outfits, ranging from the full on suit to casual at-home-wear, minus shirts. For me, that leads me to question their backgrounds - so what role exactly do they fill in society? What do they do with their time? Do they work? Do some of them spend an inordinate amount of time in front of the TV? Are some of these characters members of a local punk band?
Perhaps you could flesh out some of their background with a representative accessory; like a guitar strung over one of their shoulders, or a TV remote and bag of chips for another. Just a thought; basically they are so intriguing that I instantly want to know more about them!
Your characters are really interesting and unique but kind of freaky looking which i like. It is cool how you guys used humans with animal faces and characteristics. Your names also relate to your toys and i am interested to see your stories behind each character on how you guys came up with the designs because i would of never thought of anything any creepier than this.
I CANNOT stop looking at the FLABBIT design. That one's my favorite out of all of them. They are ALL very creative, like nothing I've seen before...and I'd definitely collect em ;D
Don't forget to make your sketches perfect for when you place it in Maya because right now it looks like you guys are going to have problems when making the model
You guys did an awesome job at coming up with designer toys. I agree with Joanna, though. I think they need to have a bigger base, because they all look too top heavy.
I like how creative you guys are getting with the whole human and animal thing. It reminds me of the book anamorphs, and I think that its a good start.
cool sketches. all of your designs are unique and interesting. definitely something that will catch people's attention. the only thing that might be a concern is the balance of your designs. flabbit and squidman may need stronger bases because of all the weight the squid and the flabs have.
uuuuuuuuuuummmmmm??? i like the names i'm anxious to see the final:)
ReplyDeleteI LIKE YOUR TOYS!! I would buy them because they are so unique and funny at the same time. I think better name to your guys toys will really make them better. But other than that, there COOL!
ReplyDeleteCool take on the whole animal-human things. Overall neat designs and unique designer toys. Come up with some more animal-human designs and post them up!!
ReplyDeleteI really like the half and half idea. I hope you plan on making big feet or a base for them to stand on because they don't look to balanced. Good job!
ReplyDeleteFLABBIT!!!!! EWWWWW!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSquid Man :) I like the concept.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the input! Will definitely take it into consideration!
ReplyDeleteI think you have clever names for your toys. Cool idea of having 1/2 human/animal toys. Have you come up with a company name yet?
ReplyDeleteWhere's the female characters?
ReplyDeleteAs far as concepts go, this definitely lands on the trippy side. The fact that my initial reaction to it is a big "whoah...what is going on here...??" is actually a promising first impression. I could see these developing quite a following!
ReplyDeleteEach of your hybrid models look like they would be very fun to build! Visually, they complement each other well, and all of them have a quirky charm that seems to demand attention, particularly Squid Man and, of course, Flabbit.
3D-wise, as Joanna said, it's a good idea to keep balance in mind. Particularly since some of the designs appear to be a bit top heavy. As long as you keep that in mind, the modeling portion should go fine.
One thing of interest to me is that each of your characters are in different outfits, ranging from the full on suit to casual at-home-wear, minus shirts. For me, that leads me to question their backgrounds - so what role exactly do they fill in society? What do they do with their time? Do they work? Do some of them spend an inordinate amount of time in front of the TV? Are some of these characters members of a local punk band?
Perhaps you could flesh out some of their background with a representative accessory; like a guitar strung over one of their shoulders, or a TV remote and bag of chips for another. Just a thought; basically they are so intriguing that I instantly want to know more about them!
Really nice work so far...!
i like the how u guys did the half animal half human thing, its a really unique design i think the concept is good
ReplyDeleteYour characters are really interesting and unique but kind of freaky looking which i like. It is cool how you guys used humans with animal faces and characteristics. Your names also relate to your toys and i am interested to see your stories behind each character on how you guys came up with the designs because i would of never thought of anything any creepier than this.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the input it helped us out! Thanks again!
ReplyDeleteI CANNOT stop looking at the FLABBIT design. That one's my favorite out of all of them. They are ALL very creative, like nothing I've seen before...and I'd definitely collect em ;D
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to make your sketches perfect for when you place it in Maya because right now it looks like you guys are going to have problems when making the model
ReplyDeleteYou guys should do that bunny thing that Miranda drew for a sketch. The one with the awesome face :[]
ReplyDeleteThat wasn't a part of our line Roy.
ReplyDeleteYou guys did an awesome job at coming up with designer toys. I agree with Joanna, though. I think they need to have a bigger base, because they all look too top heavy.
ReplyDeleteI like how creative you guys are getting with the whole human and animal thing. It reminds me of the book anamorphs, and I think that its a good start.
ReplyDeletecool sketches. all of your designs are unique and interesting. definitely something that will catch people's attention. the only thing that might be a concern is the balance of your designs. flabbit and squidman may need stronger bases because of all the weight the squid and the flabs have.
ReplyDelete-mac