Monday, September 20, 2010

Shanise, Aaron, Mark - Coming up with a name.




Our group is having a lot of trouble coming up with a name. Some ideas that we have for names are:

COMPANY:
  • Alter-Ego: We chose this as a possible company name based off of our toy. It means another side of one's self and we thought that it would be appropriate for our company.

TOY:
  • 2-Face: We chose this as a possible name because our toy is a model of both a bear and cat. Each side of the model has a different face.
Any suggestions? all feedback is appreciated.

19 comments:

  1. Are you going to have different animal combinations? If so, what?
    How does the your company name relate to your toy? Could the name of the toy and the company be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the two, I like the Alter-Ego option the best. Maybe dub yourself after a split personality disorder? Bi-Polar? Schizophrenics?

    Interesting concept, though - sort of like a coin. Would each half of your model's body be different as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are going to have different animal combinations. Some other models that we wanted to do was a Bat+Pig and a Owl+Lizard.

    The company name Alter-Ego relates to our toy because our toy is literally 2-faced with a face on each side which is close to the definition of alter-ego which means another side of one's self. So the the toy being 2-faced has a physical alter-ego to itself.

    Yes we have considered to have our company name and toy name the same. We decided against it because we thought that using the same names for both would be lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for the concept we were thinking of two animals not closely related to each other on the same body. The notion that these two animals are on the same body is what I'm hoping invokes interest into the toys.

    As far as design goes we haven't yet finalized what the body of the model would look like. We think that for the most part the head shapes will be similar but one of the biggest differences would be the ears for each model, that is what connects the two different animals. The design is something we also haven't finalized yet. I think like the bear design the body shape would be symmetrical front and back, the face is one of the only major differences.

    Alter-Ego seems like a good idea for a company name but we're still not sure whether the toy name "2-face" is the best option because 2-face typically relates to a person who acts very differently almost to the point of having a split personality so we're unsure what would work for the toy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this idea is really unique, one part of the figure though, the ears. I feel like they look a little awkward mainly because they lean over to one side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A suggestion I have is that why not make like the same animal on both sides, just having the eyes different or like having as you said an alter ego. So it would be like on side nice and one side evil, one side happy and the other sad, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick question..isn't alter-ego a brand already??
    I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alter-Ego sounds like a good name for the company because it suits this toy and the others you plan on making. I'm not so sure about 2-face though because it implies that both sides would be two different moods or personalities of the same thing. Maybe something that hints to both animals on that particular toy in a creative way, i'd suggest one but I have no good ideas right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The two faced toy seems very unique, i can see this toy has a lot of potential. The idea of combining two animals i think is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being that a cat and a bear have different shaped ears it might be hard to show that they are two different animals. I think Alter-Ego is a good name for your group. Instead of having two different animal expressions on the bear, you could have two different emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like it "alter ego" does go great wit to animals combined!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've looked it up and we found that there are no companies named Alter-ego that create designers toys so we thought we were pretty safe with the name.

    We agree that the name 2-face wouldn't be the best name for our toy, do you have any suggestions as to what the toy should be?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahaha..you're right.
    Alter-Ego is a clothing store!
    My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alter-ego, it's an interesting name. If there are no companies named after that. Then I think it's a good name for you guys. I can really see a lot of potential on your two face design. So keep up that good work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the detail of the clay! Its really Good, Great Job on that. I like the whole idea of this design, because it has a typical stereotype for tow faced people and I agree with matt Alter-Ego is a good name! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think its really cool how you guys have two sided bodies because instead, the attention will be drawn to both sides. I cant really see the cat though, only in the eyes. So you guys should bring it out more. Other than that, i think its cute and overall a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool name, can't wait to see your toy design in maya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I REALLY like your idea of dual figures. Its different and that makes it unique.

    ReplyDelete